I met up with David, Andreas, Ruth, and Andreas's cousin to do a little climbing at Kangaroo Point. Here are some photos Andy took. I only had time to climb one route, a grade 20 which I think is about a 5.10b or c. I struggled a bit on it, but it was all good fun. :) The climbing area is awesome, right there on the river.
I met up with William, Amanda, and Amanda's friend a bit later at the Picasso's collection exhibit. The exhibit was great. It consisted of Picasso's personal collection, many works of his friends and influences. He would trade works of his own to other collectors or to friends of his for their own works. The exhibit also included Picasso's works which were in his possession at the time of his death. He donated his whole collection. William is French, so he gave me some interpretations of some of the narrations that were lost in translation. Picasso was born in Spain but spent most of his life in or near Paris.
I took some pictures of the modern art gallery and the cultural center down by the river on my first trip to the Queensland Cultural Center on June 20th.. It is the home of expo '88. The suburb I live, "West End" has been renovated for the expo and now is a thriving neighborhood. I'll put some more photos of the neighborhood by my apartment soon.
I met up with William, Amanda, and Amanda's friend a bit later at the Picasso's collection exhibit. The exhibit was great. It consisted of Picasso's personal collection, many works of his friends and influences. He would trade works of his own to other collectors or to friends of his for their own works. The exhibit also included Picasso's works which were in his possession at the time of his death. He donated his whole collection. William is French, so he gave me some interpretations of some of the narrations that were lost in translation. Picasso was born in Spain but spent most of his life in or near Paris.
I took some pictures of the modern art gallery and the cultural center down by the river on my first trip to the Queensland Cultural Center on June 20th.. It is the home of expo '88. The suburb I live, "West End" has been renovated for the expo and now is a thriving neighborhood. I'll put some more photos of the neighborhood by my apartment soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment